Re: Fw: [g-i] freefont vs. dejavu

Hello everyone Jordanka has asked me If I'm interested in contributing to the Debian installer. My name is Zoran Dimovski and I'll try to help as mush as I can.

On 3/16/06, Clytie Siddall <clytie@riverland.net.au> wrote:
> Hello everyone :)

Hi Clytie,

> >> ---
> >> Macedonian and Ukrainian use the following to quote text:
> >>
> >> <U201c> - Left double quotation mark
> >> <U201e> - double low-9 quotation mark
> >
> > Jutta Wrage has recently made a sumarisation of the correct quotation
> > marks needed for each language.
>
> http://www.witch.westfalen.de/csstest/quotes/quotes.html
>
> It's very useful: we have a link to it from the Translate Wiki [1].
> Thankyou, Jutta. :)

Unfortunately Macedonian is missing and I can't figure out the
codepoints for Ukrainian.
Jutta, may I suggest adding a line after each alternative to specify
the used unicode points for the quotation marks? I think this would
make it a lot more clearer.

The good news is that I know somebody from Macdonia who can help us
;-) with first issue.

Jordanka, could you please tell us the correct quotation marks (as
unicode points - see the quotation mark table[1]) for Macedonian?

 The correct quotation marks for Macedonian are as mentioned above
first we use
U201e - double low-9 quotation mark
and then
U201c - Left double quotation mark
and looks something like this „ "

And/or direct us to the guy you said will be interested in
contributing to the Debian Installer as a traslator for
Macedonian(hint, hint, hint, you forgot that ;-) .

That would be me :) so please tell me should I subscribe to the Debina-boot list or you will send me messages personaly.

Best regards, Zoran.
Free and Open Source Macedonia