Re: [g-i] freefont vs. dejavu

> Maybe if we collaborate with deja-vu upstream and the other
> BitstreamVera derivatives:
> http://dejavu.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Bitstream_Vera_derivatives
>
> Maybe, just maybe, we'll have a decent font for cyrillic ;-)
>
> [I know my ideas seem many times a little too far from reality, but we
> have to have dreams, don't we?]

Well, I also saw mentions on takiong over the maintenance of the
ttf-dejavu package in the #debian-boot IRC channel.

However, shouldn't all this be first discussed with Peter Cernak, the
current maintainer of the ttf-dejavu font package? My feeling is that
Peter is pretty responsive.

Another possibility: please people join the pkg-fonts team, subscribe
to the list (pkg-fonts-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org) and discuss all
this over there. After all, that's the point of this pkg-fonts package
I launched very recently (see debian-devel): have font package
maintainers work together on common issues.

To Peter: all this is about DejaVu fonts covergae of some ranges, as
the font is one of the possibilities we have to the graphical
installer (it is requested by several Cyrillic translators, over
Freefont).