Re: [g-i] Arabic / Persian fonts

Hi,

> > Do we know which glyphs are taken from freefont?
>
> Eactly, no, but I'm pretty sure these are glyphs used on the pkgsel
> progress bar OR the partman progress bar when it creates file systems.

while we're on the subject: I noticed that most font file include the
basic latin glyphs. This means that I'll recreate all those iso
stripping the unneeded glyphs from the ttf files. I noticed this while
testing the fpf fonts (which were said to be ugly when using italic).

Try this:

* boot using "install DEBIAN_FRONTEND=newt"

* switch to VT2 and remove _all_ font files (/usr/share/fonts/...) but
the one you want to test (i.e. nazli.ttf)

* export DEBIAN_FRONTEND=gtk

* debconf -o d-i /usr/bin/main-menu

... and  you'll notice that the latin glyphs inside the font file will be used for latin as well

Ciao
Davide