Re: Graphical installer: Great, but...

On 11/3/05, Attilio Fiandrotti <fiandro@tiscalinet.it> wrote:
> Christian Perrier wrote:
> >>i remember that a particual theme can be specified to be used by gtk
> >>apps if mentioned in /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc (gtk-theme-name = "XYZ").
> >>Some script at miniiso boot time could write the correct line for the
> >>theme to be used in this config file before the graphical installer
> >>starts up could be created.
> >>This way the used theme wouldn't be hardcored inside the frontend but,
> >>instead, customizable by everyone.
> >

> > This definitely is a way to look at. Everything that makes D-I more
> > customizable is usually a good thing....
> >

> so i'll add the point "create different GTK themes" be added to the GTK
> FE todo list (long term).
> Also a brand new handler for multiselect questions is ready: it can be
> scrolled better and is faster di be drawn on screen.
>
> https://debian.polito.it/downloads/new_multiselect_handler.png
>
> https://debian.polito.it/downloads/mini.iso
>
> since the number of modified lines is growing every day i think it's
> time for a commit to SVN; before this could you test the new handler and
> report bugs, if any?
> Frans, could you rebuild the frontend udeb next days adding icons to
> rootskel? i think it's wort it because of the many improvements made to
> the frontend during last days.

I personally think is sane to do frequnt commits and, if you feel that
you will destabilize the code too much, you can use branches and
tagging. The Subversion book has information about merging and good
prctices when using svn.

Also, frequent commits help to track closely the history of the changes.

OTOH, I don't really know what is the policy in debian-installer
regarding the stability of the code.

--
Regards,
EddyP