Re: Graphical installer: Great, but...

Davide Viti wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 22:30:28 +0100, Denis Barbier wrote:

I tried to patch newt to provide a solution for both debconf and cdebconf,
without much success for now.

I wander if it will be possible to start the graphical installer
specifying one particular "theme"; it would be then possible to have a
theme where colors would be ok for people with such problems.

Are there any links giving details about this? ( I mean which set of
colors should be used and such)

i remember that a particual theme can be specified to be used by gtk apps if mentioned in /etc/gtk-2.0/gtkrc (gtk-theme-name = "XYZ"). Some script at miniiso boot time could write the correct line for the theme to be used in this config file before the graphical installer starts up could be created. This way the used theme wouldn't be hardcored inside the frontend but, instead, customizable by everyone.

ciao

attilio