Re: GTK frontend, fonts problem solved

> Don't know anything about fonts, but I tried to see what's available for
> Hebrew:

I managed to get Hebrew fonts working and created a new
d-i_gtk_fonts.tgz tarball containing them. To get them working I had
to modify usr/share/fonts/truetype/fonts.cache-1 as to include the
following line:

"freefont" 0 ".dir"

that's why I preferred to put these fonts in the already existing
tarball rather than creating a separate one.

In case you were interested in reproducin what I've done, here's the list
of needed steps:

tar xzf d-i_gtk_fonts.tgz
apt-get source ttf-freefont
cd ttf-freefont-20031008
fakeroot dpkg-buildpackage
cp -r debian/ttf-freefont-udeb/usr/share/fonts/truetype ../usr
cd ..

echo "\"freefont\" 0 \".dir\"" >> usr/share/fonts/truetype/fonts.cache-1
tar czf d-i_gtk_fonts.tgz usr

The tarball has been made available to Attilio and Frans, so I suppose they'll
make it available to everybody asap (that's because I have problems uploading
big files to the public ftp area I have)

ciao
Davide