Re: [D-I manual] typo in appendix/exemple-preseed.xml

Philip Hands wrote:

For reasons outlined above, I imagine that the vast majority in the UK will
continue to consider their local timezones to be GMT & BST (British Summer
Time) for the forseable future, so  when asking/displaying the local
timezone, it would make sense to use them in the UK, since otherwise users
will be confused.

British tradition;-)
It's a very minor problem, because 'tzconfig' or 'tzselect' let's you choose the continent and city, e.g. Europe/London. At the end the local time is displayed similar to the default format of 'date'.

Im my Sarge this is 'IST' for Dublin, 'BST' for London and 'WEST' for Madeira. They all are 'WEST' as since some years they follow the summer time rules of the EC (European Community).

There would be no problem to rename it WET & WEST - people learn very fast.

Again, this very minor problem is not worth so many lines of writing. But it is a nice example to explain the principles of better wording.
If there is a choice
- choose the more exact term (e.g. mainboard versus motherboard)
- prefer international standards
- unify

At least translators will decide, if the British need their tradition;-)

Helmut Wollmersdorfer