Re: [D-I manual] typo in appendix/exemple-preseed.xml

Philip Hands wrote:

If what we're actually interested in is the name of the local timezone
around the 0 meridian, then in the UK at least, we call it GMT --

People in the street use a lot of words.

AFAIK the official time in UK is WET (Western European Time) and WEST.

I'm not
aware of any countries that claim to be in the UTC timezone.

From the context of the original post

# Controls whether or not the hardware clock is set to UTC.
#base-config tzconfig/gmt boolean true

you can see, that UTC is meant.

The problem to which you allude is that GMT used to be synonymous with UT1,
and is now used to refer to UTC, which can be different from UT1 by up to
0.9 seconds,

That's why the term 'GMT' is deprecated.

Helmut Wollmersdorfer