Re: Sorted debconf lists (was Re: r14631 - in trunk/packages/countrychooser: . debian)

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 11:38:10PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
[...]
> I am testing the attached patch to sort short country list in
> countrychooser.  It can be adapted to choose-mirror, but its drawback
> is that generation of many locales may take some time on autobuilders
> (which is not a problem with countrychooser which needs fewer locales
> and is Arch: all).

Here is a sample script to show how choose-mirror could display sorted
translated country names.  This script has to be called after
debian/choose-mirror/DEBIAN/templates has been built, it patches this
file by adding some Indices-XX.UTF-8 lines, which tell cdebconf how
to sort these lists.  It is not finished yet (see the final comment)
but the last bit is quite easy to implement.
I won't be able to work on Debian stuff for several weeks, and so
cannot finalize this script myself.

The Bosnian translation is not sorted because this language has no UTF-8
variant defined in /usr/share/i18n/SUPPORTED, a bugreport against the
locales package should be filed to add it.

Denis