Re: r14631 - in trunk/packages/countrychooser: . debian

Quoting Martin Michlmayr (tbm@cyrius.com):
> * Denis Barbier <barbier@haydn.debian.org> [2004-05-02 16:12]:
> > +  * Denis Barbier
> > +    - EG was listed twice in regionmap
> >
> >   -- Christian Perrier <bubulle@kheops.frmug.org>  Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:56:19 +0200
>
> Do you think you can fix?
> * #215205: languagechooser: Language order should have a better sorting than alphabetical

Well, I have no other idea for sorting else than alphabetically on
language code. This was indeed discussed when I raised this bug (at
this time, the sorting was regarding the beginning of the "Please
choose" sentence)). So, 215205 should indeed be closed!

However, for the next release, I was considering the
following:

The language choice will affect blahblah....

Choose the language:

.../...
English
French  - Français
Italian - Italiano
Spanish - Espanol
.../...

Bothe English and "local" names are put on the line. The "local" name
starts at the 20th or so column.

English (default) is first and the the list is alphabetically sorted
regarding the English name of the language.

This also answers to another concern expressed by Nikolai who argues
that the string "Please choose this to proceed in ....." is confusing
for rather close languages such as Ukrainian/Russian/Bulgarian.

Does anyone care to comment?