Re: Extensible partitioner based on libparted and cdebconf

On  6.XII.2003 at 15:39 Joey Hess wrote:
> Anton Zinoviev wrote:
> > The idea is that this script has to do the translation alone.  In can
> > do it using debconf, gettext or by some other means.  One script can
> > output many menu items and this makes imposible to assign to each of
> > them some debconf template.  Consider the choices script that creates
> > items for all partitions.
>
> Do you know about debconf's REGISTER command?

No, I didn't know.

Let we take some decision before it is too late.  We have two options:

1. `choices' uses debconf to translate some string and prints it

2. `choices' registers new questions, db_subst in them the variable
   parts and prints the names of the questions.

To me the first aproach seams more flexible and easier to implement.

What are the advantages of the second option?

Anton Zinoviev