Re: Building D-I - formerly Building boot images with boot-floppies on PowerMac

On Thu, Jul 03, 2003 at 12:07:30PM +0800, debian@computerdatasafe.com.au wrote:
> On Wed, 2 Jul 2003, Chris Tillman wrote:

> > > I presume I need to upgrade this system to sid?
> >
> > No, I wouldn't upgrade the whole system if I were you. If you install the
> > packages you need, they will pull in the dependencies from unstable as
> > needed, for example libc6 etc. But you will have a more stable system
> > if you just let it get whatever it needs out of sid.
>
> I copied by deb line, changed stable to unstable and ran this command:
> for p in install libdiscover1-pic libdiscover1 genext2fs mklibs libdebconfclient0 libdebian-installer3; do apt-get -qqyu install $p; done

You can list as many packages as you want after install:

apt-get -qqyu install libdiscover1-pic libdiscover1 genext2fs mklibs libdebconfclient0 libdebian-installer3

--
Debian GNU/Linux Operating System
By the People, For the People