Re: Please make discover2 udebs available for testing

[Petter Reinholdtsen]
> The package depend on libcurl2.  I will have to test it the build is
> able to drag in the library, and if this library is very big.
> Besides that, the udeb look fine on first check.

I needed to install both libcurl2 and libexpat1.  These are new
dependencies for d-i.

After I install the dependencies, I try to build the floppy.  It fails
with this error message:

  Library not found: libdiscover.so.2 in path: /lib/ : /usr/lib/ :
  /usr/X11R6/lib/ : ./tmp/cdrom/tree//usr/lib/cdebconf :
  ./tmp/cdrom/tree//usr/lib/cdebconf :
  ./tmp/cdrom/tree//usr/lib/cdebconf :
  ./tmp/cdrom/tree//usr/lib/cdebconf :
  ./tmp/cdrom/tree//usr/lib/cdebconf :
  ./tmp/cdrom/tree//usr/lib/cdebconf :
  ./tmp/cdrom/tree//usr/lib/cdebconf

This look like a bug in mklibs, as the library is present in
./tmp/cdrom/tree/lib/.  I got around it by making sure the library is
available in /lib/.  Then mklibs fails trying to reduce
libdiscover.so.2 because -lssl is missing (why does it need libssl?).
I got around this problem by installing libssl-dev.  Similar problems
occur with other libraries, and I ended up installing zlib1g-dev,
libcurl2-dev and libexpat1-dev.  At this time, mklibs no longer exit
with an error message, but instead look forever looking for the
following 18 symbols:

  discover_error_new
  discover_xml_get_devices
  discover_device_free
  discover_device_get_model_id
  discover_device_find
  discover_device_get_next
  discover_device_get_vendor_name
  discover_strerror
  discover_device_get_model_name
  discover_conf_get_full_bus_map
  discover_get_devices
  discover_conf_append_url
  discover_conf_insert_url
  discover_conf_name_to_bus
  discover_error_free
  discover_device_get_vendor_id
  discover_conf_get_bus_map_by_name
  discover_device_get_data

The reason seem to be that I copied libdiscover.so.2 from the udeb
package.  It got no symbols.  When I installed libdiscover2 and
libdiscover-dev instead, mklibs worked as it should.  With these extra
packages installed, I was able to build the d-i floppy (TYPE-cdrom):

  libssl-dev
  zlib1g-dev,
  libcurl2-dev
  libexpat1-dev
  libdiscover2
  libdiscover2-pic
  libdiscover-dev

Running it in this d-i chroot without /etc/discover.conf still make it
segfault, and touching the conf file make it give the same error
message as before.