Re: gtk frontend status report

tis 2002-12-31 klockan 15.13 skrev Junichi Uekawa:
> > Since anna only handles udebs and the initial ramdisk is limited there
> > is a need to package the prerequisite libraries into udebs.
>
> I would personally rather have anna only bootstrap enough so that
> apt works, than trying to have packages to be turned into
> udebs, or get anna working with installing debs if necessary.

anna knows nothing about udebs or debs, all it cares about is that the
retriever gets (or in the case of the floppy retriever, invents) a
Packages file. The Packages file has Filename: fields that are used for
getting the (u)debs.

The restriction is in dependency handling, and in what udpkg can handle.

/Martin