Low memory support...

Hi,

I don't really know if this is the place to ask for help but...

So i'm trying to install Debian on a 4Mb RAM Laptop but i didn't succeded
even using the lowmem boot disk. I followed all the steps described in the
installation manual but dbootstrap fails when i try to perform the step
"Configure device drivers & modules". The center of the screen is empty and
the cursor is blinking in the status line. The hard drive spins up  forever,
there are no error messages, even on the others ttys.
I tried it with four floppy sets, nothing to do.
My harddisk was like this after the
first step:
hda1: 63 Mo Linux Native
hda2: 3 Mo Minix (temporary root)
hda3: 15 Mo Linux Swap
(and it is full, this a quite old laptop)

I'm not sure I understand well the new design for potato's boot-floppies but
it seems to me that the rescue floppies in slink will become a set of two
floopies boot & root. May be this new design may allow better support for
low memory install.

But may be the lowmem install will not be a goal for potato, and i understand
that very well. (I means: may be there are others distributions more adapted
for this situation)

My last point is that i was thinking in using NFS over PLIP to install the
system but i didn't remenber there was any support for this in the install.
(in any case, i'm not here...)

Thanks

A+
--