Re: boot-floppies status from an insider (was Re: Deficiencies in Debian)

>  Are you sure your don't want to take over coordination, at least for the
>  upcoming potato release?

I'm sure.  I can continue to do my best to keep things slightly moving
and coordinated.  However, I simply do not have the time or even
programming expertise to fill Enrique's shoes.

>  We need to map out a list of active developers and their skills, and
>  divide the tasks among them.  We also need a release plan for
>  boot-floppies.

I don't know if this is quite true.  We just need coordination so that
people know, say, ok, Bill is working on this or that, so I'll work on
something else.

As for release plan, I think I outlined my vision in the previos
document.  Obviously, a feature-complete, functioning (obviously not
bug free) boot-floppies is what we need for Nov 1.

>  Currently the boot and root floppies work again (in my tree), the base
>  package and driver floppies are still broken; modules.tgz is too large for
>  one floppy, so we have to split that too.

Ok -- well that's good news. I think we knew about modules.tgz.
BTW, which kernel are you using?  There isn't a kernel-image 2.2.12 in
the archive yet is there?

>  I am currently busy with dbootstrap, and haven't looked at base.tgz
>  and driver floppies yet.  I'll probably commit some of my changes
>  tonight.

Good.

>  Btw, are we dropping 1200k support?

Yes.