Re: i18n and boot-floppies

Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:
>
> > several people have spent a large amount of time on translating
> > the texts that are displayed during dbootstrap into their native
> > language.
>
> Yes -- and I have spent a large amount of time trying to also collect
> documentation for other languages and provide them to users, and
> enable boot-floppies (the source package) to compile this
> documentation properly when doing a non-English build (although I
> haven't actually tested this, which means there are probably bugs).
>
> BTW, Martin, how is the German translation going?

I have received two more corrections and am very busy with the
whole thing (cd-build, install docs, boot-floppies).  Which is
also why I've asked for the disk images.

BTW, please call me Joey, thanks.

> > I wonder if there were already made non-english boot floppies
> > for slink.  I'd like to test and provide German boot floppies
> > for example.
>
> That would be excellent.  There are a couple issues:

Do we have them already?  I'd like to test them locally and I'd like
to burn them on CD.  Since I haven't ever created boot floppies
myself I'm hesitate to just try it in order to preserve any breakage.

> [slink issue] How do we provide the localized boot-floppies at the
> Debian archives?  dists/slink/main/disks-i386-de, for instance?  Or
> dists/slink/main/disks-i386/de ?

Since only two files (resc1200.bin and resc1440.bin [plus tecra])
need to be recreated the latter sounds proper to me.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Those who don't understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly.