Time to start building 2.1.10 ? (was Re: i18n and boot-floppies)

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> writes:

> BTW, please call me Joey, thanks.

So sorry.

> Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > I wonder if there were already made non-english boot floppies
> > > for slink.  I'd like to test and provide German boot floppies
> > > for example.
> >
> > That would be excellent.  There are a couple issues:

> Do we have them already?

I've seen localized boot-floppies, in unofficial locations.
Perhaps I should start building a set of 2.1.10 for testing, and
also build international versions?

I can't really build a whole set since I don't have the tecra images.

Herbert, can you provide tecra images?  I wouldn't mind getting my
hands on the tecra patch you use also, if I could.

> I'd like to test them locally and I'd like
> to burn them on CD.  Since I haven't ever created boot floppies
> myself I'm hesitate to just try it in order to preserve any breakage.

Well, it should work reasonably out of the box, assuming you have
local copies of parts of the Debian archive.  See the top level readme
files.