Goal to support DHCP for Ethernet install?

Hi all,
 	I've made an honest attempt to RTFM before pushing in here, so
please bear with me:) Are there plans to support DHCP network config on
the Debain boot floppy in future?  I searched lists.debian.org site and
found some mention of it in a message from Adam Di Carlo about hoping to
do it
(http://www.debian.org/Lists-Archives/debian-boot-9901/msg00632.html),
but didn't see any deffinate follow-up.

Is it a scheduled feature for the next release?  Or, could it reasonably
be hacked in to the next release by a persistant user?:)  With the spread
of DSL and Cable Modems in some areas (luckily enough, mine:) It seems
like it would be a great thing to do.

Thanks,
Garrick West

     *  We now return you to your regularly scheduled interruption.  *