Re: ARM toolchain for Android - Gcc ON android

>Code performance will probably be slow.  If you don't mind this it might
>be OK.

Yes, I don't mind the performance. the code we want to execute is really small ~ 500 lines.
I have posted in tinycc-devel, but if you have ideas, feel free to tell me :)

>Probably they meant that you can install a Debian chroot on an android
>device and use that - you can, but it if you're looking for something
>small, that's not going to be it.

No,its a total GCC. -> http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=getting-started:installation:android

so yes, tinyCC seems to be my best bet at the moment.

>Out of interest, why do you need to put the compiler on the device anyway?
an exploit could be tranmitted in source code and compiled and executed on a device. Increases flexibility and is suited to our transmission channel.

-Earlence

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 4:59 PM, Tim Small <tim@buttersideup.com> wrote:
On 14/07/11 13:02, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>> Well, I found tinyCC

Code performance will probably be slow.  If you don't mind this it might
be OK.

>>  which *seems* promising for the moment.
>> In any case, can you tell me what was the build process for gcc on android
>> used by debian
>>
>  it doesn't exist.  you were misled / misguided by the people you
> asked on the other list.

Probably they meant that you can install a Debian chroot on an android
device and use that - you can, but it if you're looking for something
small, that's not going to be it.

Out of interest, why do you need to put the compiler on the device anyway?

Tim.