Re: ARM toolchain for Android - Gcc ON android

On Thu, Jul 14, 2011 at 12:43 PM, Earlence Fernandes
<earlenceferns@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, I found tinyCC which *seems* promising for the moment.
> In any case, can you tell me what was the build process for gcc on android
> used by debian

 it doesn't exist.  you were misled / misguided by the people you
asked on the other list.

 creating and building your own gcc toolchain is... er... quite
complex, even if you follow the standard build procedures (which you
can usually find with something similar to "gcc cross compile howto"
or something like that).  in this case however you actually want a
"native" compiler (i.e. running on ARM, compiling to ARM target).

 now that you actually have a native gcc compiler running under
android, you would do well to use it to create the one that you
want/need.

 when you have researched how to compile gcc and how to create your
own (non-standard) toolchain, this answer will make sense.

 apologies but you have quite a big task ahead of you: to advise you
at each step of the way exactly and precisely what to do would be
doing neither of us a favour.

 l.