Re: quake4 on debian amd64

> Why exactly aren't you just using packages, rather than having some
> random script overwrite bits of /usr for kicks?

Some things I just prefer to do myself.  I've been using Linux since '97 and got used to doing things for myself very early on.  When it comes to video drivers and kernels and even simple things like alsa I would rather just do it myself.  It literally takes me 2 to 3 minutes to have everything setup and ready with the installers from nvidia.com.  I would much rather do it that way and know everything works, and why everything works, than depend on a package.