Re: No swap on my Debian Sid system

Jack Malmostoso wrote:
> Hello there list,
>
> I have noticed today that my AMD64 box has no swap!
> I set it up during the installation as the /dev/md1 RAID-1 device, but
> today I found out in free that swap=0:
>
> nostromo:~# free -m
> Mem:          1003        456        547          0         17        235
> -/+ buffers/cache:        203        800
> Swap:            0          0          0
>
> So I tried to set it up manually:

If you have one giga of RAM why would you care about having swap ? :)

Most of the current applications are designed to fit in 512Mo of RAM and
they probably don't use yet the 64bits-span memory allocation that your
processor can do. So... ;-)

Regards
--
Emmanuel Fleury

If you care, you just get disappointed all the time.
If you don't care nothing matters so you are never upset.
  -- Calvin & Hobbes (Bill Waterson)