Re: First Kernel Build Attempt Failed was: Re: 3ware 9550 SATA RAID controller problems

On Sat, Jan 07, 2006 at 05:07:10PM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> OK, I am making some progress ... I found this link and it seems pretty
> clean and straight forward.
>
> http://www.dominik-epple.de/Sarge-Linux_2.6.14-yaird/
>
> and I have followed these steps except I'm using 2.6.15, ie:
>
> Backporting yaird, texi2html, make, kernel-package
>
> I spent all day going through menuconfig and follow an example config
> file the Andrew sent me.

You can just skip building a new kernel and use the one from sid.  You
only need to get yaird and such rebuilt and installed, then you can use
the prebuilt package for the kernel from sid.

> But when I try to compile the kernel it looks like it thinks it should
> be trying to cross compile. I'm wonder if it is somehow confused by the
> packages I backported?

You are running amd64 right?