Re: First Kernel Build Attempt Failed was: Re: 3ware 9550 SATA RAID controller problems

On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 01:11:04AM -0500, Stephen Woodbridge wrote:
> Tried to build my first kernel, but no joy. This is what I did ...
>
> cd /usr/src
> wget http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/v2.6/linux-2.6.15.tar.bz2

Try getting the linux-source package from unstable instead.  It has
debian's patches and such.  You can also get the config file from one of
the newer kernels for your cpu as a start for oldconfig.  It's a big
jump from 2.6.8 to 2.6.15.  A lot has changed.

For that matter, you could probably see if there is a new linux-image
package already for your cpu in unstable.  Would be even simpler.