Re: nvidia (graphics) driver pain

Hi.

> > Anyway, whatever, when loaded, and after "startx", my monitor
> > says "No signal"...
>
> Well that certainly isn't a driver build problem.  Maybe a conflict with
> an FB driver if you happened to enable one in the kernel.

Could these be the cause of the strange behaviour:

CONFIG_FB=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_FILLRECT=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_COPYAREA=y
CONFIG_FB_CFB_IMAGEBLIT=y
CONFIG_FB_SOFT_CURSOR=y
CONFIG_FB_MODE_HELPERS=y
CONFIG_FB_VESA=y

> Or X is
> configured wrong (very strange if it worked before though).

The problem shows up when the driver "nvidia" is enbled instead of
the "nv" driver.

> Maybe the X log file from the last run that makes the monitor loose
> sync.  Does control+alt+backspace kill X fine and go back to the
> console?

[I posted 2 log files about 3 hours ago.]
Yes, C-Alt-Bspace returns me to the console.

Gilles