Re: Success with Acrobat Reader 7.0 (tweaking module pathes)

Jörg Ebeling wrote:

> I'm working the whole day with my AMD64 environment.
> Everything works fine.
> But when I need to develope in PDF I really restart my system back into
> IA32 only because of the "Mouseclick" case.
> I know, it's stupid.
>
> May be someone knows another way how to reload PDFs with one click.

I think the browser-plug-in relies on a 32bit browser, maybe I'm wrong, if
so please correct me.

Can one try to install a 32bit browser like you are showing as example in
this thread with acrobat reader?

If yes, how could that work? I think the simpliest way might be to get opera
32bit *static*, test with ldd which libs are missing and configure the
system that it finds the lacking 32bit libs.

For example: I got the same problem with skype_static on my ubuntu amd64
box. ldd shows one lib missing. Is there an easy way to install that lib
(libdbus-1.so.0) under /usr/lib32 ? (dbus might be an impossible case, I
don't know). Where did you the config edit, you're talking about?

The other way is to build a 32bit chroot environement and install there a
32bit browser and the acroread and plugin.

I'm pretty unsure about all this 32 vs. 64 bit stuff. I need some hints to
get a bit more aware on this stuff...

Kind regards

Gerhard