Re: GDK BadDrawable error on many gtk/gdk programs

XF4.2 changes nothing to this problem without a rebuilding of the
concerned programs and perhaps also of gtk/gdk. Gaim, Gabber, Everybuddy, ... don't
work on my debian alpha (DEC au433, XF4.2) because of this bug.

Ahh! So it's not really gtk/gdk programs, it's AIM programs in particular. Now I recognize this problem, I think. I use GAIM extensively, have for at least 2 years. Before you log in, you need to go into the options and change "Report Idle Times" from "X Use" to either "None" or "Gaim Use".

No, I have no idea what the exact problem is here, but it has to do with getting the idle time from the X server.

-Doug