Re: Milo on an AS300 4/266

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Philippe HETROY wrote:

> Hi everybody,

Hi!

> I would like to know where can I find a how-to or a good manual to install
> Milo for a debian 2.2 on an AS300 (code name avanti I think).
> I tried the installation instructions on de Linuxdoc.org howto but while
> booting, a black blank screen appears and nothing happens then....

Hmmm...the best place for docs so far is http://www.alphalinux.org in the
Docs section.  That's the home of all of the official HOWTOs and
FAQs.  The MILO-HOWTO sounds like a good place for you to start.

> The other problem is that I can't compile my kernel with a : make
> bzImage.... Is it normal....?

Yes.  On Alpha, the target is somewhat different.  After configuring,
you'll need to type 'make boot' rather than 'make bzImage'.

> Please, don't you have any clues for someone who is discovering alphas......

:-)  Alphas can be a pain to start with, but once you get used to them,
the benefits outweigh the learning curve.