Re: variable list in database

>> "WA" == Wichert Akkerman <wakkerma@cs.leidenuniv.nl> writes:

WA> Previously Jules Bean wrote:
>> What advantages does this give you over the hierarchical structure:

WA> In the database it gives the same structure, but it makes it
WA> easier for maintainer to create that structure. When you use a
WA> template to create a variable we create multiple variables in the
WA> database.

Note that we already have means of parsing the debian style control
packages, but they can't handle this new container thing.

dpkg-perl e.g. can parse a file, and hold them in an array. This can
be extended (better access functions etc.)

I play around with the "debcat" (Catalog) suggestion posted on
-devel. I already have functions to create a tree structure from the
flat data-structure, functions to traverse the thing etc.

Ciao,
	Martin