Re: newbie questions...

On Wed, 20 Jan 1999, Michael Schmitz wrote:

> > I've tried to search the archives but haven't come up with much WRT this
> > problem.  Is there any relevant documentation out there?  (Or in here?)
> > Perhaps I'm on the wrong list?

> probably knew that from reading the FAQ and install guide ...

No, I didn't.  I didn't read the FAQ too carefully (shame).  Also,
wwaves.com (and www.mac.linux-m68k.com) have been *very* slow for me
lately.  It's tough to read the FAQ when I can only get 10K / 30 and then
the network freezes up.

I did try to install their flavor of Linux (VMLinux kernel,
Penguin-16); it could not mount a filesystem.  Yes, I did tell it to go to
"root=/dev/ram" but it wouldn't fly.  Debian is working now so I'm just
going to leave it alone.

> > Right now I have got the .deb files on the Mac partition (same place as
> > the base2_0.tgz file) but I don't think dselect can go and get it from
> > there.  I've got a null-modem cable and I could probably stick the SE/30
>
> No, that's guaranteed to give trouble. But as the files are alrealy on the
> MacOS partition, just copy them over to the Linux partition.

How?  Just drag & drop (within MacOs) or get them from within Linux?

-Malcolm