compilation of v-1.24a under MSVC6/problems

I'm trying to compile V for the first time.
I've downloaded v-1.24a, and am using MSVC6.

I've encountered a couple problems so far,
which I've detailed in separate email to
Bruce, but I thought I'd offer them to the list
as well, in case anyone else is working on this.
Perhaps someone might have already figured
out the fix...

vlayoutp.cpp needs to include vlayoutp.h

vLayoutPane doesn't have a member _cpDC
but the constructor seems to think it does

I went & looked in srcx, but there is no vLayoutPane in there.

Is there an X equivalent for vLayoutPane ?

I've never messed with V, so I don't really know anything
about it yet...

There's a truism that the road to Hell is often paved with good intentions.
The corollary is that evil is best known not by its motives but by its
*methods*.