Why prefer V over so called visual languages?

Hello, list!

I'm considering to give some C++ undergraduate classes that will try
to make students advance a little more in the study of C++ and
object-oriented programming.  That will be in the next year.

Since Dr. Wampler's design and implementation is so clean and,
indeed Dr. Wampler used V to teach OOP and D, i considered using V.

The students for these courses will be my current basic C++ students,
and i'm talking to them in order to design a course thats' able to
motivate them.

When talking to some more advanced students they asked me: hey, why
don't we just use a visual language?  Like Delphi or VB?

Some of my answers to these objections are: the app frameworks don't
create good OO designs; you should understand what's under the hood
and V is multiplatform.

To the last argument they answer that there's now Delphi for Linux.
The OOD argument can't be appreciated by them, since they don't know
OOD. :-(  To the under the hood argument they answer it's not very
practical to understand what's happening.

So, may i ask you to be as kind as to help me find arguments to these
students, that are as assertive as they are beginners.

Thanks for any help.

Best regards,
--hilton