Re: Vgui on RH 6.0

Bostjan JERKO wrote:

> Hello !
>
> I have problems running vgen. It start OK, but after I want to generate code it exits with an error (core file is dumped).
> I use RH 6.0 and the latest (2.21 I guess) version of V. Anything else seems to work. Even compilation of files is OK.
> Any ideas ?
>
> BTW, when compiling the software pack I received few warnings (something about ANSI C++ doesn't allow creation of
> static .... ).
>
> Regards,
>         B.
>
> --

I haven't tried V of any flavor on RH 6.0 - I'm currently using Debian
2.2 and RH 5.2.
I will be releasing within a week or two a completely new version of V
for X - it will
be 1.22, but will use Motif/LessTif as the main supported library
(Athena will still
work, but not all features may be available on the Athena version.)

Since switching to LessTif, I have found tons and tons of bugs and
problems with
the Motif version. They are mostly gone now - a few issues left, and I
think I want
to get right-click popup menus working, but it will actually work as
advertised on
Motif/LessTif now, and looks much better than the Athena version.
LessTif/Motif does
nice things like automatically set the color scheme to match the window
manager
(at least on KDE, don't know about GNOME).

I will post a beta release very soon - maybe today or tomorrow - that
won't have the
popup menus, but will have all the new bug fixes and enhancements.
Perhaps this
version will solve the issues raised here.
--

Bruce E. Wampler, Ph.D.

Author of the V C++ GUI Framework

e-mail: mailto:bruce@objectcentral.com