Access to a global string?

I need to have two dialogs examine/manipulate the contents of a string.
Where/how would I set up and access a global char variable? In theApp instance?

In C I would declare a global string outside of main() and reference it within
main() using the extern declaration. In C++ it looks like I need to use the
::scope operator. But, how would this work within the V framework?

Would I decare static char foo[255] as a public member of myApp and then pass a
pointer to the dialogs?

Please bear with me, I'm trying to learn a new way of thinking.

TAI
Phil
--
pmoors@phillips.com | Speaking for himself only.
OK, I'm weird, but I'm saving up to be eccentric.