Send Message from Dialog to CmdWindow

Hello, V world
could anyone help me with following problem? After some action in a
modeless dialog has been proceeded (e.g. a combo box was activated), I
want the hosting CmdWindow to respond with another action (e.g. display
some explanation text in the status pane). Therefore, the CmdWindow must
receive some kind of signal by the Dialog, but I don't know how to do
this. Nor do I know in which routine of CmdWindow to catch this signal.
Has anybody experience herein?
Thanks for any response
Matthias Klingel
      Matthias Klingel