Re: [VGUI] Dialog with canvas inside?

Joerg Desch wrote:

> ** Reply to note from Bruce Wampler <bruce@objectcentral.com> Mon, 12 Apr 1999 10:44:04 -0600
>
> > > I need a dialog with a canvas in the upper half of the window. The command
> > > objects do not support a vCanvas. Is there a way to combine the canvas with
> > > normal controls?
>
> > This has been on the to-do list for quite a while, but not done
> > yet. Part of the problem is that it would be hard to get the
> > necessary hooks to the canvas to control drawing given the
> > current structure of defining a dialog.
>
> My first thought was to use a command bar. But the layout is to
> restrictive. Is it possible to implement a command bar that allows
> the full use of command objects like in dialogs?
>
> Mfg,  J. Desch
> --
> Voelker Video- und Datentechnik
> eMail: voelker.develop@t-online.de
>
> --

Actually, you can do a lot in a command bar...

While the default is left to right, you CAN use frames! Within
a frame, all the layout rules apply. It is even possible to
generate a canvas-less app with a command bar only and use frames
to make it look pretty decent.
--

Bruce E. Wampler, Ph.D.

Author of the V C++ GUI Framework