Re: [VGUI] how to avoid to dialog boxes?

** Reply to note from "Nikolai V. Tkachenko" <tkatchen@butler.cc.tut.fi> Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:04:15 +0200

> >Normaly I wouldn't close the first (modeless) dialog. I would open a second
> >(modal) dialog for displaying the results. But due to the fact that V
> >couldn't handle this situation (there are repaint problems with a second
> >_modal_ dialog), I want to avoid this!
>
> Now I don't understand why does not trivial method work?
> I mean:
>
> SomeParam par;
> ItemVal res;
> {
>     aModalDlg dlg(this, &par);
>     res = dlg.Action();
> }    // and dlg does not exist any more!
> if (res = M_OK) ...

I would like to use a modeless dialog, so that the user could interact with
the main window. So I have to implement the same functionality as you have
shown above, but without the use of a modal dialog.

Mfg,  J. Desch
--
Voelker Video- und Datentechnik
eMail: voelker.develop@t-online.de