Re: [VGUI] how to avoid to dialog boxes?

** Reply to note from "Nikolai V. Tkachenko" <tkatchen@butler.cc.tut.fi> Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:27:43 +0200

> >That's a good idea to realize some kind of communication between the
> >windows. But how could I tell the CmdWindow, that my modeless dialog has
> >been closed with OK, so that a new one (who needs the results of the first
> >dialog) could be opened?
> >
> >Doing this, the first dialog have to call the method of the CmdWindow
> >after it has been closed. Or do I make a mistake?
>
> I am a bit confused with the logic, when dialog is closed
> it is closed and cannot have any activity inside itself (even if the
> class is not destroyed).

That is exactly what I want to say. With your method of calling the
CmdWindow, you assume, that the dialog is still active. What I need is a
method where the CmdWindow knows that the modeless dialog has been
closed, and that it can calculate and display the result.

Normaly I wouldn't close the first (modeless) dialog. I would open a second
(modal) dialog for displaying the results. But due to the fact that V
couldn't handle this situation (there are repaint problems with a second
_modal_ dialog), I want to avoid this!

Mfg,  J. Desch
--
Voelker Video- und Datentechnik