Re: [VGUI] how to avoid to dialog boxes?

-----Original Message-----
From: voelker.develop@t-online.de <voelker.develop@t-online.de>
Date: Monday, March 22, 1999 5:58 PM
Subject: [VGUI] how to avoid to dialog boxes?

>My current V++ application have 2 dialogs visible a the same time. The
>first one request the parameter for an operation. After pressing CALC, this
>modeless dialog opens a modal dialog which presents the result (and more).
>
>Because of the handling of modal dialog boxes, this causes some repaint
>problems!
>
>Is there a way to avoid these to dialogs?
>
>Is it possible to "send the application a message" out of the first dialog,
>so that the vCmdWindows opens the second dialog right after the first has
>been closed?
>
>Mfg,  J. Desch
>--

I suppose there is no way "to send a message", but you can store a pointer
to the base window. I did that in the following way, in dialog:

class fitCmdWindow;    // that is my command window

class InfoDialog : public vDialog{
    fitCmdWindow* CmdWin;
public:
    InfoDialog(vBaseWindow* bw)
        {CmdWin = (fitCmdWindow*) bw;
         ... }
...};

void InfoDialog::DialogCommand(ItemVal id, ItemVal retval, CmdType ctype)
{
    switch (id)  // We will do some things depending on value
    {
        case di_prev_btn:    // here I need to call command win function
                CmdWin->Prev(); break;
}

It works nicely for me.

Best regards, Nikolay