Re: A strange printing bug

At 10:43 15/12/98 +0100, "Gerhard W. Gruber" <g.gruber@sis.co.at> wrote:
> > So, when I tried to print with this code the first time, I picked up (in
> > the PrinterSetup interface) a PostScript printer, and it worked very well.
> > But the next time I tried printing on a HPLaserJet6L (PCL) printer and I
> > got a very strange effect: all the points with the coordinates (8*i, 7+8j)
> > in my black and white picture become black!!!  (As if one have put a kind
> > of grid over the picture.)  My "experiments" have shown that it happends
> > with all the PCL printers I have tried, and it does not happend with any
> > of PostScript ones.
> This is usually a behaviour exhibited if the memory of the printer is to
> small to conatin the entire information for a page. If you load a very
> complex page then the ram of your printer may be exceeded. I had the same
> behaviour when I printed a page with Excel an my HP5 and I had a graphic in
> the sheet. After removing the graphic (or reduzing the size) all went fine.
> AFAIK the HP series is shipped with about 2MB (at least mine is) and this
> is ok for normal text printouts, but may be to small with graphics or fancy
> pages.

I don't think the problem comes from here, since I have tried to print on a
"big" PCL printer HP LJ4Plus with 22Mb of memory and I still had the same
problem. On the other hand what I want to print (i.e. my MemoryDC) is just a
256x256 black and white pictrure: I don't think it's enormous.

Serguei.
Serguei DACHIAN
Laboratoire de Statistique et Processus,
Universite du Maine, Av. Olivier Messiaen
72085 Le Mans CEDEX 9, FRANCE
Tel.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 37 18
Fax.   : +33 (0)2 43 83 35 79
E-mail : Serguei.Dachian@univ-lemans.fr