Re: How do I use a routine that needs an HDC?

You can do this in a Windows dependent fashion, but then your code is
no longer platform independent.

The vCanvas class has a public function vDC* GetDC() which return
a pointer to the vDC for the canvas. vDC then has a protected variable
HDC _hdc which is the HDC used by the DC.