Re: [revision 2001-04-16] SPI membership page process definition

On Mon, 16 Apr 2001 22:17:17 +0100, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
>* Nils Lohner <lohner@ecf.teradyne.com> [20010416 21:41]:
>> - non-contributing memberships should be automagically granted with a
>>   valid email address (somewhat like the list subscription
>
>Do they really need an email address.  I'd prefer just a listing on
>the web site.

Yes, because they can add to their list of contributions and at some
point apply to become contrib members.  The access to the record should
be email addr and their passwd.  They should be able to have the passwd
mailed to them if they forget it (a la freshmeat etc.)

>type of member ("Members may be individuals or organizations")
>
>If organization: name of org

Hmm.  The thinking here was that the record name should be the name of
the organization.  What do you think?  I guess we can go both ways: the
record itself is the or, or the member has his real name and represents
the org.  I don't know what's better.

>> PGP key
>
>just the key ID

Is this enough for voting?

>> ..date of approval/rejection for contrib membership
>
>... or renewal ... so we can ping them every 2 (or 3) years

added

>> contrib_membership (becomes valid when confirmed by membership ctte)
>> non_contrib_membership (becomes valid when the email addr is confirmed)
>
>these 2 should be: type of membership

Not really: they can be approved as a non-contrib member while waiting
for approval of contrib membership.  The rest of the things you've
listed are OK; I'll add them.

I'll repost another version tomorrow.

Nils.