Re: SPI violating bylaws and Debian constitution

If hardware is a problem, I have a server http://puny.vm.com , its available to
anything anybody wants to do.

Basically join->check "want to contribute", that gives you a login.  I'll do
any admin you need, set up sudo, etc.

I had knee reconstruction, and rehabbing in nyc was an unholy nightmare, and my
sumer was a waste, I'm back in gear, getting a focus group of newbies to help
me de-geek-afy my site.

Maybe I dont know what spi is supposed to do.  Maybe the goals do need to be
realigned, dynamicism is a good thing.

I thought the cause was to get the hardware and software aligned to assure
broad representation to the public market.  A good thing !!

> not to sound too harsh, but [does ]SPI ...
                              ...need addressing?

> (sourceforge handles this more effectively than SPI
> could ever hope to)
If thats your case then I ask you "exaclty what percentage of sourceforge
projects have done a release let alone gotten to version 1.0"

answer -> "damn few"

What the public domain (generally termed) needs is maturity.  Too much
clashing, too many people creating products as vehicles for their own self
images.

What we need to do is provide a unifed view to prove to the market that
Microsoft is not a necessary component of technology.

I believe perl and perl's friends such as python are the answer.  Oddly Bill
Gates agrees.

Everything needs to go into a single source tree from which any system can be
compiled.

I have other thoughts on how the objects should be managed, in fact I am
learning from java which is utterly failing due to general wacky-ness and poor
performance.

=====
John van Vlaanderen