Re: [evan@telly.org: Questions for ZDNet article]

On Wed, Jun 09, 1999 at 11:51:39PM -0700, Joseph Carter wrote:
> Since Mr. Leibovitch has failled once again to do anything resembling
> homework before he starts acting based on what he "knows" (like that
> Wichert is the head of SPI for example and various outright lies he has
> spread about Debian in previous columns) I guess somebody has to direct
> this person to SPI and let them handle it.
>
> I would reply to Mr. Leibovitch directly, however I would likely not be
> terribly kind to him given his blatant misrepresentation of my favorite
> free software project for what can be easily shown to be to his direct
> financial advantage....  Well, lets just say I've rewritten these two
> paragraphs about six times trying to make what I'm writing something I'm
> willing to show the general public.  I'm not pleased with the guy so far.

It was unfortunate that his questions were sent at a time when both Nils
and I were on vacation and Joey and Ian were tied up with real life issues
:(

Just thinking on my own, it might not be a bad idea if people friendly to
Debian and SPI were to write letters of complaint to Mr. Leibovitch's
employers explaining how the articles are unfounded and something along the
lines of "...not reading a publication that spreads deliberate untruths..."
or something along those lines.  Readers are the basis for advertising
dollars which are the basis for income to any publication, print or
electronic.