Re: Updating the NBD assignment at IANA

- For the "Assignee", I would like to ask them to mention this
   mailinglist.
   […]
- I'll leave the contact as is for now. RFC6335 mentions "The Contact
   person is the responsible person for the Internet community to send
   questions to.  This person is also authorized to submit changes on
   behalf of the Assignee; in cases of conflict between the Assignee and
   the Contact, the Assignee decisions take precedence," which to me
   reads like a person is required (and I'm happy to continue filling
   this role).
That means: The "Assignee" (the ML) has precedence over decisions made by the "Contact" (you).

🤔

- For the description, I would like to drop the "Linux" part in the
   description. There are implementations of NBD that are wholly
   unrelated to Linux, and so I don't think it's entirely accurate
   anymore to refer to NBD as a "Linux" protocol.

ACK.

I am curious: Are there other OS (BSD flavours?) that uses NBD at the client side? If yes, they should be mentioned in the NBD's readme, I'd suggest.

- At the time, there was no public reference for the NBD protocol yet; I
   plan to add the link to proto.md on github as the official reference.

Thoughts?

Go for it! :-)

		Lars R.