Re: Structured replies in nbd-server

On Tue, Mar 07, 2023 at 07:20:16PM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've finally been working on structured replies in nbd-server (what?
> it's only been 7 years), and today I managed to make it go through
> nbdkit's "nbddump" without crashing. (yay!)

'nbddump' comes from the libnbd project (client side), not nbdkit
(server side).  But the two are closely related ;) And I'm glad to see
that it helped you!

> I'm currently not (yet) implementing any other features that depend on
> structured replies, but would like to see if people can poke holes in
> what I've done so far -- I'd like to find bugs before release, rather
> than after ;-)
>
> The code is in the "structured" branch of
> https://github.com/NetworkBlockDevice/nbd and feedback is more than
> welcome.

Since you didn't post the code to the list, I've likewise only left my
review comments on the patches on github.  If we want to copy the
discussion to the list, I can do that too.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3266