Re: [PATCH 12/13] loop: remove lo_refcount and avoid lo_mutex in ->open / ->release
- To: Tetsuo Handa <penguin-kernel@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp>
- Cc: Christoph Hellwig <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Dave Chinner <email@example.com>, Jan Kara <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Jens Axboe <email@example.com>, Josef Bacik <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Minchan Kim <email@example.com>, Nitin Gupta <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Darrick J . Wong" <email@example.com>, Ming Lei <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 12/13] loop: remove lo_refcount and avoid lo_mutex in ->open / ->release
- From: Christoph Hellwig <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2022 17:23:31 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20220325162331.GA16355@lst.de>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 0b47dbee-ce17-7502-6bf3-fad939f89bb7@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp>
- References: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org> <[🔎] 96a4e2e7-e16e-7e89-255d-8aa29ffca68b@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp> <[🔎] 20220324172335.GA28299@lst.de> <[🔎] 0b47dbee-ce17-7502-6bf3-fad939f89bb7@I-love.SAKURA.ne.jp>
On Fri, Mar 25, 2022 at 07:54:15PM +0900, Tetsuo Handa wrote:
> > But for now I'd really prefer to stop moving the goalpost further and
> > further.
> Then, why not kill this code?
I think we should eventually do that, and I've indeed tested a patch
that is only cosmetically different. I wasn't really convinced we
should do it in this series, but if there is consensus that we should
do it now I can respin the series with a patch like this included.