Re: [Nbd] Testing NBD server implementations for correctness

> On 26 Sep 2016, at 19:12, Wouter Verhelst <w@...112...> wrote:
>
> Yes. I understand how most of nbd works, but that is probably the one
> thing I have always had trouble understanding. My usual answer to "how
> do I deal with the integrity test" is "let's not". I obviously
> must've understood it at some point (because I merged it, and I'm not in
> the habit of merging code I don't understand), but it's pretty terrible
> to grok.

If it makes you feel any better, I had precisely the same experience
rereading it, which is why I rewrote it from scratch rather than
doing a 'c to go' transcription!

Even then it wasn't simple (particularly the blocking to ensure no
two inflight commands overlap if one or more are writes). It's here:
  https://github.com/abligh/gonbdserver/blob/master/nbd/integrity_test.go

--
Alex Bligh