Re: [Nbd] Proposal to merge WRITE_ZEROES extension into master

On 12/14/2016 11:03 PM, Alex Bligh wrote:
> Eric,
>
>> On 14 Dec 2016, at 21:03, Eric Blake <eblake@...696...> wrote:
>>
>> Okay, I've cloned gondbserver sources, but I've never compiled a Go
>> project before.  How do I get an executable server that I can then point
>> the qemu 2.8 client at, to test interoperability?
>
> go build
>
> should give you a binary in the current directory.

Apparently, it takes a lot more setup than I have lying around:

$ pwd
/home/eblake/gonbdserver/nbd
$ go build
rbd.go:13:2: cannot find package "github.com/ceph/go-ceph/rados" in any of:
	/usr/src/github.com/ceph/go-ceph/rados (from $GOROOT)
	($GOPATH not set)
rbd.go:14:2: cannot find package "github.com/ceph/go-ceph/rbd" in any of:
	/usr/src/github.com/ceph/go-ceph/rbd (from $GOROOT)
	($GOPATH not set)
config.go:6:2: cannot find package "github.com/sevlyar/go-daemon" in any of:
	/usr/src/github.com/sevlyar/go-daemon (from $GOROOT)
	($GOPATH not set)
aiofile.go:11:2: cannot find package "github.com/traetox/goaio" in any of:
	/usr/src/github.com/traetox/goaio (from $GOROOT)
	($GOPATH not set)
aiofile.go:12:2: cannot find package "golang.org/x/net/context" in any of:
	/usr/src/golang.org/x/net/context (from $GOROOT)
	($GOPATH not set)
config.go:8:2: cannot find package "gopkg.in/yaml.v2" in any of:
	/usr/src/gopkg.in/yaml.v2 (from $GOROOT)
	($GOPATH not set)

> (though I'd presumed you'd test qemu against the reference server
> implementation, which is possibly easier)

Yes, I did that as well, but comparing more than one implementation
can't hurt, if it's easy.

>> Are you available on a particular IRC chat channel, so I can coordinate
>> some of this testing without clogging the mailing list?  For example,
>> I'm eblake on freenode's #kvm channel.
>
> Sure. I'm normally alexbligh or alexbligh1 on freenode or OFTC (where I'm
> on #qemu). However I'm travelling Thurs through lands of little
> connectivity. I'll try to remember to leave the IRC client running when
> I'm back in the land of connectivity.

Thanks, I'll catch you sometime when we're both available, as me getting
my go environment up and running is probably less relevant to the list.
But no rush.